- Lip augmentation is a cosmetic procedure that can give you fuller, plumper lips. These days, hyaluronic acid dermal filler is the most commonly used method of lip augmentation. Hyaluronic acid is a natural substance found in the body. It helps increase volume in your lips.
- Hyaluronic acid fillers can improve the appearance of your lips by adding: Shape, Structure, and Volume.
- Injectable lip augmentation techniques can be performed quickly with little to no downtime. You will be advised to consume adequate amount of plain water and apply ointment to the lips after procedure to boost the outcome of the procedure.
How do Lip Fillers work?
Lip fillers also known as dermal fillers are a non-surgical treatment that injects the lips with a substance that is found naturally in your body, in order to achieve volume and plumpness in your lips. This substance also stimulates the growth of collagen giving you a more youthful appearance.
Why do we use Hyaluronic Acid Fillers
Once injected, the gel in the filler supports and shapes the tissues of the lips.
The benefits of using hyaluronic acid fillers include:
• Control over lip volume. The amount of substance injected can be controlled, so the doctor has better control over how much lip volume is created.
• Gradual pace of treatment. The injections can be given gradually during different appointments until the desired results are achieved.
• Bumps dissolve easily. Any lumps and bumps created by movement of the lips can be dissolved easily.
• Less bruising. There may be less bruising and swelling compared to other dermal fillers.
• Reasonably lasting results. The results are reasonably long-lasting, but not permanent.
How long does it last, does it hurt?
A huge advantage of lip fillers is that the results are long lasting but not permanent. Your lips can be altered over time in order to maintain the desired appearance. On average each treatment lasts 8 months to 1 year in Vogue Clinic.
At Vogue Clinic patient care is always to the forefront of all of our procedures and we will ensure that your treatment is as comfortable as possible. All of our lip fillers contain a local anaesthetic however; during the procedure itself clients may experience some mild discomfort.